Thursday, January 23, 2014

Here is my Do Over

So here we are again.  I purposively took some time off from writing.  Just needed a break from it all.  This cycles baseline looked good so I opted to move forward.  I began with an FSH of 15 and a handful of antral follicles.  Fast forward to a couple of weeks to an estrogen level of 2610 (my all time high) and 6 follicles.  Technically 7 but they thought that bonus one was not gonna make it.



Fast forward another couple days to yesterday which was egg retrieval day.  The day started off not very good.  Someone was (read between the lines here) having performance issues because of wanting to be selfish the night before.  So we had to go to the doctors office empty handed.  Fortunately, we have some popsicles :) in the event of an emergency.  So glad I did that freezing thing. But we all know that microwave meals are not nearly as good as fresh out of the garden.  Oye....  So I wake up from surgery to be told they got 2 eggs.  WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  I just don't get it.  My E2 was fabulous.  I spoke to one of the nurses later and she told me it was one of a few things:  my age or eggs were lost in the process.  And the E2 could be showing that the eggs they did get were extremely good quality.  What a disappointing and emotional day.  The person I was to count on couldn't step up, nor did the doctors get all those eggs... if there were that many eggs.

So here, this morning I wait for the office to call me.  Probably in an hour or so they will.  Fingers crossed they fertilized.  Fingers, toes and all appendages.  My little spirit voice for which some day I will name, said to me wow this one is so strong and showed a heartbeat that I could feel.  I hope they are right.  Actually as I write this I wonder if it is my mother?  Could be.

Ok.... I will write back shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment