Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Personal Egg Carton

So this is interesting.  I went for an egg retrieval on Monday.  Dave was with me.  I was a nervous nelly.  As old age approaches I get scared.  I was scared of that freaky chair in the OR room.  It is a chair with leg stirrups and is so secretive you can't even find a picture of it on the internet lol.  I will try and take a pic of it when I am there next.  It seemed like it took forever for us to get ready.  Lots of tubes had to be hooked up.  Blood pressure needed to be taken every few minutes.  People in and out verifying your identity.  OMG... can you image if there was an identity mix up?  I know it happens but sheesh.  I met the anesthesiologist.  We had a nice conversation but I don't remember his name.  Very pleasant.  My nurse... don't remember her name either but I suppose I could look it up.  Dr. D came in to greet me and say it is perfectly natural to be nervous.  But does he really know what I am nervous about?  I was nervous about the chair but now I am nervous about the eggs.... It's the eggs.  Does he have any idea how nervous I am about the eggs?  You see my personal egg carton is rated at <.16.  For those of you familiar with these numbers, you know that this is not good.  I was also told by a nurse that it is possible I may not have any eggs and the only way to know for sure is to go through IVF.  That was a day filled with drama when she told me that. A story we can save for another day. Needless to say, I verified later with Dr. G that it really is a matter of whether or not the egg can be retrieved.  Semantics I guess, but I like how Dr. G said it instead of the nurse.  So Dr. Anesthesia and I talked about me being in the War of the Worlds movie in Athens. I think we got on that conversation because we talked about location of where we lived.  He then showed me he was giving me antibiotics...not the doxi that I am allergic to (aka vomit on).  Then the nurse asked me to scoot down and lowered the back and we put my legs in those lovely leg stirrups.  Dr. Anesthesia then put the oxygen mask on me and next thing I know the nurse is waking me up, bringing Dave in the room suited up in surgical wear, saying we go 4 eggs.  WHAT?????


Teehee.... I HAVE EGGS?!?!  They are the bottom of the barrel but I have freakin eggs!  I am not dried up yet!!!!

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment