Sunday, January 26, 2014

2 Puppies in the Making!


Da..ta..da!  These two little buggers made it.  Can you believe it?  Another crazy day though.  I wasn't sure if I should transfer one or two but the net of it is, last time only one embie survived to day 5 and because of the lower volume of eggs they wanted to transfer on day 3 because they have a better survival rate if inside me rather than the dish.  So on average, for my age group, my clinic transfers 3 embryos.  There is a 0% chance that live births result in more than one baby.  There is an 8% chance that a live birth will result in one baby.  So.... I transferred two.  Of course there is still a chance I will have twins but the chance is next to nothing.

So the doctor graded these much better than the last ones.  The 4 cell was a 4 out of 4 and the 8 cell was a 3 out of 4.  Granted these are a day 3.  The last one was a day 5 and was probably a 2.  Makes me wonder what that little guy looked like on day 3.  Oh well.  I guess it doesn't matter. 

Beta is Feb 5.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment